Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vans Unisex-Adult Authentic Lo Pro Trainer

 


I bought them in black and white. Really cool and comfy shoes, and a great price for the quality. The cloth part is thicker than canvas shoes, so they're a little warmer than Converse All Star style shoes etc, though I don't think they're suitable for rain. The sole is cushy on the inside and strong on the outside, the finish is neat. I loved them, really glad I made this purchase, totally worth the money.
The delivery of this item was prompt and as promised. However the quality and manufacture of the shoe was disappointing. Having been a previous owner of a similar pair of shoes from Vans I thought I knew what to expect.

The very first time I wore the shoes out the whole of the top of my foot was cut by the lower part of the tongue in the shoe which had particularly sharp edges. This was of particular concern since the shoes were white and the blood from my foot has now stained the top of the trainer.

Once allowing my feet to heal and using a nail file to file away some of the sharp edges inside the shoe I attempted to wear the pair again. However this time i wore the trainers in the rain and due to the inadequate grip I fell flat on my face bruising both knees. Not only we're the jeans ruined but the rain meant that the dried blood on my shoe soaked through and ruined another pair of socks.

I was extremely disappointed with these shoes since I like the style and have had a pair before but these did not seem to be of the same quality. I would urge others not to make the same mistake.
I bought these in Azalea/True White, which looks like a very deep pink/red colour in the image above, but when they arrived, they were in fact very bright pink. I probably wouldn't have bought them if I'd known, but it's turned out to be a happy accident as I do love them. Just beware that in the case of this colourway at least, you may not get exactly what you're expecting!
I brought these vans for work as they are plan black and would be comfortabel for long shifts on my feet. And indeed they are very good for 12 + hour shifts as your feet can breath, however after 5 weeks use they have started to split at the edge. Another good point is that they can be washed with a damp cloth.






No comments:

Post a Comment